September 17, 2012

God and Medication

In the interest of full disclosure I will say that due to unforeseen circumstances I am off medication temporarily. As in until thursday when I can get a refill.

I know those of you who know me know that I'd rather just be off medication totally, but when I do that I'm going to do it right. So I can eliminate these headaches and dizzy spells. And I'm definitely noticing a change in my mood, so there's work to do in that department also.

That being said, today was a pretty amazing day. I met with the Pastor at my family's home church. Her name is Wendy and she's new to us.

I don't go to church much anymore, mostly because I work. But also because I've been all over the place in my spiritual life. But I do see it's beauty and the peace it brings to so many people's hearts. And I do believe in... something. Just the words get all jumbled. And church likes to un jumble them in ways that don't always sit well with me.

Anyway, Pastor Wendy was intriguing to me, so I went and sat with her. We ended up talking for hours. About so many things. What stood out for me was the idea of sparating the "church" concept and the "god" concept. Which I think doesn't happen nearly as much as it should. And they are two entirely different, though related, things. You can have God without church, but not church without God.

Anyway, it's a lot to think about, which we all know I'm good at doing. In fact I can almost guarantee I will over think it numerous times. But the point is, I got some very good fuel for my spiritual discovery mill today. And I'm excited to see where it takes me.

I want to get into the event I'm planning, but enough is enough for one night. I will touch base tomorrow again, hopefully.

I love you all. Sweet Dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, all that. You know I also have many, many problems with organized religion, in the form of "church". I believe, I am just not sure I need someone elses rules to show me how to believe correctly. Especially when those rules deem to me to cause more discord between people than connections.

    ReplyDelete